Thursday, September 25, 2008

Palin on her foreign policy experience

It beggars belief.

Couric: Explain to me why [living in Alaska] enhances your foreign policy credentials.

Palin: Well it certainly does, because our next door neighbors are foreign countries, they're in the state that I am the executive of.
I get it. You can trust Palin on foreign policy because she lives near Russia and Canada, in the same way you can trust me to fly planes, since I leave near the airport, just like you can also trust me to perform surgery, since I also live near a hospital.

Expertise? That's just a scare word to cover up intellectual elitism.

Indeed, it is undeniable that expertise is the elitism of knowledge. Thus, rejecting the very concept of expertise is the ultimate anti-elitist position. That's why it's so important to grasp that Palin's total lack of credentials are a feature, not a bug. And it's why every attack on her credentials only affirms to her supporters why they love her. Indeed, the more it is proven that she is incompetent, the more this burnishes her anti-elitist credentials. As the living incarnation of anti-intellectualism, the Palin candidacy is the logical conclusion of the GOP's war on expertise, and indeed on knowledge and fact as the basis for decision-making.

No comments: