Since Nils beat me to the punch on the Presidential Leadership ranking, stupid jet-lag, here is a "celebration" by the Nightly Business Report and Knowledge@Wharton of the top 30 innovations since 1979. Below, top ten, complete list here.
10. Non-invasive laser/robotic surgery (laparoscopy)
9. Office software (Spreadsheets, word processors)
8. Fiber optics
6. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
5. DNA testing and sequencing/Human genome mapping
3. Mobile phones
2. PC/laptop computers
1. Internet/broadband/WWW (browser and HTML)
It should be noted that any list of this type not including "amateur porn" cannot be considered exhaustive.