- Cheney: "I really do believe that we will be greeted as liberators."
- Rumsfeld: "Think of the faces in Afghanistan when the people were liberated, when they moved out in the streets and they started singing and flying kites and women went to school and people were able to function and other countries were able to start interacting with them. That's what would happen in Iraq."
- Wolfowitz: "I am reasonably certain that they will greet us as liberators."
- Powell: "I hope we would be seen as liberators. I think that might well be the case."
- Fleischer: "The people who live right now under a brutal dictator will view America as liberators."
More complete quotes after the jump.